Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Adventures

Well it's Monday night and it feels like it. Even though I'm not at working it's a full days work taking care of a baby and just leaving the house for a few hours! On top of that I have had a headache for about 48 hours now. I'm not sure what is going on with my skull but I'm not excited about it.

Anyway, we had a pretty eventful weekend.

Friday night mom and I took the baby to eat at the local BBQ joint Hancocks where I proceeded to eat my weight in the most delicious BBQ on the face of the Earth. While we were in there we of course saw several folks we knew but I have to say when we saw my mom's colleague in all his, I played golf all day glory, it was a worthy mention. He entered Hancocks and looked like a homeless person. He had on a yellow shirt, shorts, and was BAREFOOT. When the sign says shirts and shoes required, in Selma it clearly means optional. Mom asked where he had been he said cutting grass. Good thing all his toes survived he was three sheets to the wind and I'm pretty sure we decided in the early 1900's it was dangerous to cut grass barefoot, but this is the SEL and that's how we roll. I only thought to take a picture on my way home when I was able to tear my self away from my BBQ and realize what a gem that would have been so sorry y'all, you will have to use your imagination on this one.

On Saturday went to Montgomery, ate at Texas Roadhouse, went to the Namedropper, Target, and Ross all without having any doodoo incidents (well no major ones), no waredrobe changes, and no meltdowns. I was prepared, it turns out practice does make perfect, so after some of the other mishaps we have had while out and about I was sure I had all the necessary items for a happy trip. I fed the baby and we hopped in the car, picked Lib up, got gas, and and hour later we were on our way to Montgomery. I only have about 3 hours between feedings so after I spent an hour feeding and getting the baby ready, then an hour trying to get out of Selma, and then an hour drive to the big city elapsed, when we hit Eastchase Sadie Marie is hungry. Mom takes Lib into Texas Roadhouse, gets a booth, and gets the bottle ready while I stay in the car and change her. (LOVE traveling with mom!) I parked about a mile from the restaurant so I could easily get in and out of my car and of course a child molester van pulls right up beside me and parks and when I say child molester I mean it literally. This van was about a 1975 model, was about three different colors, and on the side it said "we help children." Help them do what? Have nightmares....mission accomplished. Then two creepy McCreeperson's got out of the van. Really, I would not let you help my child do anything. Shave your creeper bearded faces.

On to Texas Roadhouse. My mom said before we left, it's the weekend so I did not apply any eye makeup, I bet I see everyone I know...... YEP.......It's Saturday and you are going to Montgomery plus their was a golf tourney at the Club, the Dixie Baseball thing, a big yardsale, and a family reunion at bloch park, who wouldn't get as far away from the SEL as possible? The better question is who were you not going to see? We did not even hit Lowndes before we saw some folks from Selma we knew. We parked at Texas Roadhouse and so did some parents of a high school buddy. then we sat down and they sat us right beside a family we knew! HAHAHA, lesson learned Cunnie. Wear eye make up when you go to Montgomery.

Texas Roadhouse was uneventful, Sadie Marie slept the whole time. It was amazing, I fed her and she slept. I guess she was tired after the drive to Montgomery. Of all the sleep she fights she cannot fight the car. We ate and we had to go to Target. Lib is 83 years old, she does not love to get in and out of the car so she said since the baby is being good (meaning my two month old was not crying) I will just sit in the car with her. Sweet. I don't love to lug her in and out either, so we got in and out of Target easily same thing for Ross, but then I decided I needed a happy hour 1/2 price slushy from Sonic, plus I needed a covered area to change the baby since it had been pooring, Sonic was our choice. We roll into Sonic and while I order Cunnie changes the baby as soon as she picks her up to put her back in the car seat. Squishhhhhhhhh. FAIL. HAHAHAHAH, I get out and do the second diaper change. Luckily there was no doodoo on anyone but the baby and it stayed in the diaper. I get my slushy we do a Chinese fire drill and after everyone had changed seats we head home.

The second bottle was heated and fed to her in the car. Success! A+ for me on bottle feeding in the car, bout time.

Well, since she is currently screaming bloody murder y'all let me run. She just got a bath and she loves bathtime, what she hates is getting out of the bath. When I say she hates it I mean she HATES it. CiCi is sweating.......she's got her in the rocker trying to dress her. She handed me the baby and she had not even buttoned her onesie. It gets bad y'all :) You do not piss off the milk monster!

Y'all be good,

April



Hands up! Touchdown Alabama! She has the motions down, we just gotta get a Roll Tide outta her mouth now!

No comments:

Post a Comment