Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Left Your Baby Where?!

So while I was pregnant I had some weird dreams, but the other night I had a full blown nightmare meltdown. I woke up and could feel the anxiety in my chest, when dream has that kind of effect on you it's time to take a xanax (if I only had some!)

It started out as a nice trip to the mall, only the mall looked like downtown Washington, D.C. right here in Selma. (already you can see this dream was completely ludicrous) It was an outdoor shopping experience and I was bee bopping along looking at shoes and purses and all of a sudden I realized I had left Sadie Marie in the car. Yep, I left my newborn baby in the freaking CAR! It was about a cool 105 degrees outside and I left my child in the car. Initially, I tried to tell myself she was fine I had only been gone about 20 minutes and it could not have gotten that hot that quick........then I went into panic mode when I could not locate my car. All of a sudden the shopping mall became a maze and I was lost, I could NOT find where I had come from. I ran into my bestie Reagan and rather than stopping to talk I blew her off (without telling her what a horrible mother I was since I could not find my car or my baby) and rushed into what was now an inside mall and the Belk store in the Selma Mall, but it was two story so whatever. When I got to Belk I had clearly done this before because I new right where to go to find the lost children. I get to one of the checkout counters and there is Sadie Marie in her car seat dazzling the sales associates with her smile. Great, now everyone knows what a horrible mother I am because some clearly call 911 to rescue my child. This is where it gets weird if you can believe it.

I decided to tell the sales associate, who I thought was in charge of releasing my child as if she were from the Department of Child Services, that I was SO sorry I guess the reason I forgot my child was because I was a new mother. REALLY April? Even as I was dreaming this I knew it sounded completely ridiculous, but as she's giving me Sadie Marie she opened a closet door and it was like a lost and found for children. She told me it happened all the time and at least I had come looking for my child. Inside this closet was stroller after stroller and a complete play area for children who had been left in cars, left in bathrooms, and left just randomly around the mall. WOW......I guess this was my way of making myself feel better in my DREAM. When I left I was completely floored at these other "bad" parents and at the fact that no one was reporting them. I had some balls in this dream I tell you!

I woke up in COLD sweat and almost jumped to assure Sadie Marie was still in her bassinet. I have already decided I am no longer allowed to watch Law and Order: SVU but after this I guess I'm going to have to cut out the news altogether and this twit Casey Anthony is not helping my nightmare situation.

I never thought I would be one of those who wanted to keep an CLOSE eye on her child all the time but in this day and age I guess it's inevitable and it's amazing how quickly worry comes when you have a baby. I don't know how my parents got any sleep when I was growing up because I thought I was invincible and while I was careful, I look back and thank God I'm alive.

So no more Law and Order for me or Sadie Marie, she's asleep in the swing right now and is clearly having a dream that the milk supply is running dangerously low because she's letting out these hilarious little cries that do not wake her up. I feel bad for her, but at the same time I cannot help but giggle. I went to a friends house the other day. She has two kids and her TV was set on Nick Jr. I guess I should go ahead and just do that, maybe I won't have nightmares about Dora the Explorer, but you never know some of those cartoon characters are kinda creepy.

I don't think I will have to worry so much about Sadie Marie, her daddy already has her in training. He sent me this photo while I was out at the gym one afternoon. He decided to give her some mental and physical stimulation on her "gym".

Y'all be good.

April


Sadie Marie's Total Gym Workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment