Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Milk Monster's Dreams

So I guess I knew babies had dreams but I never realized they had babymares like dogs have puppymares! The milk monster has become quite the napper and occassionally she will, with her eyes shut and still asleep, let out these little cries and it's so funny you cannot help but laugh. Mom and I were sitting here the other day and a babymare occurred while Cunnie was rocking her.....

Cunnie: She's having a nightmare.
Me: Yeah, she's dreaming there was no more milk.

The baby daddy has officially nicknamed Sadie Marie the milk monster. I think he was really astonished at how loud and violent a baby can become when they wake up from the nap and they are hungry. The milk monster rules the house and when she is hungry you get out of her way and give her the milk. It's like we are all working for the baby mob and you either produce some milk or die. So I'm exaggerating a little bit but not much........seriously you do not want to piss off the milk monster.

It's funny because not only are we all scared of Sadie Marie when she cries, I also get the pleasure of the boob pain when she cries. I'm sure y'all all know what I'm talking about. Everytime she lets out a squeal I get a shooting pain in my boobs. Really? It's not enough I can see and hear her crying and that triggers my brain to say feed your baby, but I guess God put in a second fail safe for all the idiots out there who can't figure it out. I suppose there are some retards running around who are just stupid, they can't recognize that sometimes crying means feed me, so as a secondary warning system triggers their boobs hurt and leak. Geez, I feel like the girl in Mean Girls who thought she could use her boobs to predict the weather, but mine actually work to predict when the baby needs to be fed.

Over the past few days the milk monster has not reared her ugly head as often as she used to. It's like when we hit six weeks old she decided that she liked us, we would feed her, and we would not abandon her when she sat in a swing or the pack and play alone. It was like a switch flipped. She still fights sleep, but it's crazy two weeks ago this baby would NOT sit in the swing and she would definitely not sit in it awake and be rocked to sleep. She would NOT sit in the bouncy seat while I ate breakfast and she would NOT lay in the pack and play for more than a few minutes. It's crazy, I can lay her down in any of these contraptions wide awake and she will lay there while I do clothes or eat lunch. I can now lay her down in the swing and a few minutes later she will be asleep. I mean she's sleeping in it right now as I write this blog and it is AMAZING! Don't get me wrong, I love holding and cuddling her but between the baby daddy, Cici, Big Daddy and myself she was being held 24/7 the first week and a half I was home. Either she got tired of the cuddling or she's growing up right before our eyes. I often have to wake her up to feed her every three hours!

Now I had initially decided I was not going to wake the baby up to feed her but after a couple of choice encounters with the milk monster, I have decided to feed her before she morphs from sweet sleeping Sadie Marie into the milk monster, the less of that thing we see the better! Mom keeps telling me I did the same things, so I guess it's like they always say, you get it back when you have your own :) I can't wait for her to become a teenager. If y'all knew me back then, you know what I'm talking about. The baby daddy is in trouble and at least I have some experience, but I'm sure we are both going to have to show up with our A game everyday to parent this little firecracker! If her actions now are of any indication of the future he and I are both going to need full on pads and a helmet when she hits about 13. I'm of course bragging when I say she has been holding her head up since she was born and she almost catapulted herself out of Big Daddy's lap about a week ago. I knew I had a gymnst on my hands when she was in tummy, but I thought we might have a few years before she started doing back flips off the couch!

Just in past two weeks she has also started smiling up a storm and I can acutally make her smile, or at least I think I can. I would like to think she recognizes me and smiles because she is full from a drunken milk bing. My cousin Angie's husband came up with a term for their baby after she ate.......milk drunk. It's that hilarious rolling of the eyes and immediate urge to go to sleep after they are full and satisfied. Sadie Marie is milk drunk a lot and it is absolutely the cutest things ever and also hilarious!  Below are some pictures we have taken this week. Enjoy!

Y'all be good,

April

I just ate, burped, and got a clean diaper! I'm super happy!!

I love my uncle John Rob!


No comments:

Post a Comment