Saturday, June 11, 2011

GEEZ, I'm a fidiot!

So I figured out what was making Miss Sadie Marie so angry with mommy.......I was force feeding the poor child and her tummy was very upset with me! At the hospital they told me to feed her up to 20 minutes on each side.....so if she ate that long I fed her that long. BIG Mistake....HUGE! I should have been doing about 10 minutes on each side. After some research yesterday I realized that I might be overfeeding and low and behold last night we got about 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in two separate intervals! She's much happier now that I'm not forcing her ping pong size tummy to hold a tennis ball full of milk! I feel kinda like a fidiot (this stands for effing idiot for those who don't know the term), but I guess overfeeding is better than underfeeding and no wonder she already weighs 8 lbs, her mommy was fatting her up like a Thanksgiving Day turkey! So last night and this morning were much less stressful and thankgoodness, I'm not sure the Baby Daddy was ready for the 3 hour scream fests I have been experiencing!

Thanks to my simple revelation I got my first post baby work out in this morning as well! I'm not sure I would call it a workout, but a 30 minute walk with Cash around the neighborhood was exactly what I needed to get my day started on the right foot. I fed the little toot and handed her off to the husband who she proceeded to projectile shit on as soon as he changed her diaper! It was hilarous! I was getting ready for my walk and I heard the distress call.....Ugh, Houston I need some help in here! I get to the changing table and the baby is naked, there's a dirty diaper, poop is on the changing table pad, and then she proceeded to pee. Here's our conversation:

Me: "Why is she naked?"
Him: "She projectile pooped while I was changing and already dirty diaper." "Help"
Me: "Ok, let's first get the poop pile off the changing table, grab a new diaper."
Him: "Ok, shit now she's peeing"
Me: " HAHAHAHAHAHA"
Him to the Baby: "You just love to pee and poop on me don't you."
Sadie: Her look said: "Yep, and you love me anyway"
Him: "Geez, you are just like you mother." "I'm in trouble"
Me: "Wahahahahah" (very evil laugh!)

I enjoy these little moments where I get to have some fun at his expense. It's not very often I get to laugh at him, he's freaking good at everything so I'm really enjoying this!

Today is a big day! I'm leaving Sadie Marie alone with her Daddy for the first time. My mom didn't leave me alone with my Daddy until I was six weeks old but today I have a baby shower to go to and since I'm trying to not let the world touch all over her just yet, (I need her to stay healthy for our Alabama trip!) so she's staying home with Daddy. She's not quite three weeks old.............I can't wait to see how this goes. I have a two page list for him already made. One page is what to do if she cries and the second page is how to feed her if he needs to use the milk I pumped this morning. Now I have never used a bottle warmer and he does not even know bottle warmers exist. I read the instructions this morning and its not rocket science but I can see a very stressed Baby Daddy screwing it up in the heat of screaming fit from Sadie Marie. I plan to feed her right before I leave and hope she will be good for the 1.5-2 hours I am gone but Murphy's Law says if it can go wrong it will and y'all know me.......I have to be prepared for everything in order to function in society SO.......I have two bottles fixed, instructions on how to heat them, and how to feed her. Now all he has to do is follow the instructions........ ;)

I will keep ya'll posted on our first day alone with daddy. I can't wait to see what the house looks like when I get back. Granted it's not in great shape now, but he can leave a trial of disaster when he gets flustered and a baby along with two dogs might make the great FBI man lose his mind. I hope not, I have a baby shower to go to tomrrow too :)

Y'all be good,

April
Look at my fat cheeks, just call me butterball.

I uncovered her hands today CiCi! and we love our outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment