Friday, June 3, 2011

That Just Looks Painful!

I went to the doctor today for a check up.......after delivery because even though Sadie Marie was small, she was sunny side up and according to the doctor today when they are facing up it's like giving birth to a basketball, where as when they are face down they tuck their head and it's like a football, and much easier on your lady parts when giving birth. So Sadie, was face up and I've been sitting on a donut for a week and a half and then on Saturday I noticed some red splotches on my arms. I thought my eczema was flaring up, but then it got worse and moved up my arms some......and then it got much worse. My mom was here and she gave me some hydrocortizone to put on it to help with the itching but it was not making the actual eczema any better......then it got even worse spreading to my legs and I came to the conclusion it might not be eczema and I was already going to the doctor on Friday so I figured I would just tough it out till then. It has not been easy. I have been pretty much bathing in hydrocortizone and some kinda of diaper rash cream that smells like diaper rash cream and makes me smell like diaper rash cream.......So, today I get to the doctor and he comes in to ask how I have been and I showed him the rash...it's never good when the doctor goes, "OH! WOW! That looks painful, we need to get you some steroids for that".....thanks doc I feel much better about my appearance, at least its not on my face I guess.

So I have PUPPPS, Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. Usually you only get this while pregnant but just as Sadie seemed to be against me during labor, she was also plotting against me before she left the womb. This how the doctor explained it to me today. Even though a baby is a foreign object in your body, you allow it to grow whether it agrees with you or not. The baby realizes that the tissue surrounding it is also foreign and begins rejecting that tissue and it causes the immune system to kinda freak out and it shows on the skin. It's not contagious and it's not very serious, it just itches like hell and makes me watch to scratch my skin off. Of course if anyone is going to get this AFTER they have their baby it's me. So now I get a week of steriods that are probably gonna make me want to knaw my own arms off and eat them I'm going to be so hungry! I'm trying to lose the baby weight here folks. Lock up the cookies! Hell, lock the pantry!

Funny story, last night Sadie slept pretty good, she was up about every two hours and then around 4 am she had a marathon nap until about 830 this morning. I didn't wake baby daddy up the first two rounds, but at 4 am I needed a little help. So he got up and was just kinda soothing Sadie and "squelch"....she pooped, a big time poop. If you have read the last blog, you know you have to wait a hot minute before changing her, she has not peed yet and she will pee on you! After a few minutes of just pacifying her, he went to change her diaper and when he came back I noticed some poop on her blanket. We got a new blanket and then when he returned we had the following conversation:

Baby Daddy: "Crap, I got poop on my shirt"
Me: "Crap, I bet it's on her too"

I'm looking and looking and looking and I cannot find any poop on Sadie Marie. She had an a sleep sack, it's really long and really too big since she's so small and I was convinced she had poop on her clothes if it had gotten on he blanket and on the baby daddy. Now we have this conversation:

Me: "Well there's no poop on her, how the crap did you manage that?"
Baby Daddy: "I have no idea"
Me: "SHIT!" "There's crap on the floor!"
Baby Daddy: "WHAT?!" "WTF?!"

You read correctly folks, last night at 4 AM, the Baby Daddy somehow manage to get poop on the blanket, his shirt, the floor in our bedroom but NOT on the baby or on her clothes. It takes a talented individual to get poop on everything but the thing that produced the poop. I feel like Sadie has been reading the Babies Guide to Making Your Parents Think They are Crazy and speed read right to the "Using Your Poop" chapter.  She has been using poop against us ever since she learned to poop and I'm thinking of revoking her library card.

It's getting late and she's ready to eat again so we will see what goes on tonight, if we have one more poop incident I'm getting a video camera and we are going to win America's Funniest Home Videos. If y'all could have seen us looking for poop last night at 4 AM, it might have been a super bowl commmercial worthy laugh!

Pray for less poop and more sleep. Amen.

Happy 1st Birthday Elsie! Auntie April loves you!

Love y'all,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment